Ballroom Competition Planning and Execution
CompInaBox “Core” primarily handles user authentication and authorization, but also acts as the central point for a user administering multiple competitions or as a jumping off point to the eventual planning modules offered.
User Permission System
CIB Core recognizes three types of user permissions:
- Site -- Site user permissions determine access to site level functions.
The hierachy is:
- Site Admin -- Super user, can do anything any other user can as well as somethings no one else can
- Site Staff -- post articles, approve new links, etc
- Site Member -- implied, all users have this permission, no special privileges
- Comp -- Comp user permissions function within a given single competition.
- Comp Coordinator -- A superuser within the given competition
- Comp Registrar -- An unrestricted user within registration functions
- Comp Comptroller -- An unrestricted user within finance functions
- Comp Staff -- Can handle routine admin tasks, but restricted from some easily abuseable features
- Team -- Team user permissions function within a given team, across all competitions
- Team Captain -- A super user within the team pages
- Team Registration Coordinator -- Full permissions for updating registrations
- Team Treasurer -- Full permissions for dealing with money
- Team Member -- no added permissions at present
- Links to register for all open competitions
- New User Account, with email validation
- Forces non-trivial passwords
- Simple list of links to areas the user has permissions for
- Help bar containing links to HOWTO documents
- Directions for hosting a competition
- List of other CIB servers, with their hosted competitions
- Better navigation
- Support for PKI (public keys to encrypt password reminder)
- Unencrypted password reset defeneded by IP and user supplied questions
- Simple News system
This core module of CIB needs an offical codename and is open for suggestions.